Pioneers and Innovators in Alternative Education For Over 40 Years
The Ananda Living Wisdom School™ was founded in 1972 on the belief that students need inspiration and training for life – in addition to preparation for employment and intellectual pursuits. Our unique programs, based on Education for Life Philosophy, are carefully designed to meet each individual’s need, to prepare students for life’s inner and outer challenges and to encourage a rich, lifelong journey of adventure and self-discovery.
- Would you like to enroll? Contact us for more information!
- Did you know LWS is a Yoga and Meditation school?
- Alternative education values without academic compromise! Students regularly score in the top 90th percentile in standardized testing and SAT and PSAT prep is part of the curriculum.
- Learn more about the Jr. and Sr. High application process.
- Want to learn about LWS Tuition Policy?
- Want to learn more about what it’s like to be a Living Wisdom student? Read our student blogs.
- LWS appears in the documentary-drama film, Finding Happiness.
- Learn about our sister schools: Palo Alto, Portland, Seattle, Assisi, Italy
“If you could put what you are doing in the public schools,
it would change the world.”
School Superintendent at initial accreditation visit
“This school is the best kept secret in Northern California.”
WASC official at renewal visit
“Education for Life… is an exalted call for change, based on deep insight ino the potentials of every human being. It tells us how to nurture creativity, wisdom, and intuition in each child, and how to tap his unexplored capabilities.”
Jesse J. Casbon, PhD, Dean of Graduate School for Professional Studies at Lewis & Clark College (and former LWS High School Director)